I was recently tidying up some “duplicate” entries in my mobile phonebook because when my phone downloaded all my contacts from Facebook, it didn’t link them all.
For some reason you can’t just add a mobile number or any additional information to the Facebook contact, so I was looking for a way to merge the two contacts I had into one.
For whatever reason, Google couldn’t help (maybe I didn’t look hard enough!), but after a few minutes playing around I found the option in my phone anyway.
Thought I’d post it here in case anyone else was having trouble, so here goes:
- Open up your contacts list and scroll down to the contact that you want to merge with another contact in your phone.
- Press to open it up and hit your menu button.
- Now press the “Edit contact” option.
- Press your menu button one more time.
- You should now see the magic “Join” button! So press on that.
- You’ll then get a list of “Suggested Contacts” to join with, so you can either pick one of them if they’re correct or show all contacts to find the one you want.
There you go, easy as 1, 2, 3… oh wait! Hope that helps someone.
Apologies if this was common knowlege! It does seem pretty deep in the menus though
P.S – I’m sure these instructions are easy enough for anyone to follow, but give me a shout if not and I’ll add screenshots :p